Enjoy the Flavor of Black Currant.
Check out our selection of Black Currant Recipes.
Black Currant Muffin Minis
Look for the recipe on our packages of frozen black currant puree.
Black Currant Baked Brie
- Brie Cheese Wheel
- Vermont Currant Black Currant Jam
- Chopped Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 300F.
- With a knife, cut off only the top rind of the cheese leaving the sides and bottom rind intact. Place the cheese on an oven safe dish and sprinkle walnuts over the top of the cheese.
- Bake at 300F for approximately 20 minutes.
- Take the cheese out of the oven, put Vermont Currant Black Currant Jam on top and/or around the cheese
- Serve warm with crackers or a thinly sliced baguette.
Pork Roast: Black Currant Style
- 1-2 lb. Pork Tenderloin Roast (or choice of roast cut)
- 2-4 T. Vermont Currant Black Currant Dry Rub (adjust amt. for size of roast and desired flavor)
- 1 12 fl oz can Guinness or other dark beer (optional)
- to taste Vermont Currant Black Currant Vinaigrette
Using a dry hand, sprinkle the Vermont Currant Black Currant Rub over the roast then rub the pork with the seasoning over all sides of the meat, pressing gently so the seasoning adheres well to the roast. Refrigerate the roast for several hours-up to 1 day.
Preheat the oven to 325◦F;
Transfer meat to the rack in a roasting pan. Pour the beer into the bottom of the pan and cover the roast with aluminum foil. Bake until internal temperature is 145◦F (approx. 25 min/lb)
Slice and drizzle with Vermont Currant Black Currant Vinaigrette. Serve.
Black Currant Pork Chops
Using an oven proof skillet, saute chopped onions and peppers in olive oil. Rub reach side of pork chops and add to the skillet. Sear each side of the chops and then transfer the pan to 400 degree oven. Baked 5-10 minutes, depending on thickness of the chops. Note: Chicken Breasts may be substituted
Black Currant Rub
Try our rub on chicken, pork, salmon, and beef. It adds incredible flavor to your favorite cuts.
Roasted Root Vegetables with Black Currant Rub
Cut a variety of root vegetables into 1/2-1 inch pieces. Place in a bowl or bag and toss lightly with olive oil. Add dry rub and continue tossing. Spread coated vegetables onto a baking sheet and bake high temp oven approx. 30 minutes (depending on vegetables used and size of cut)
IngredientsCornmeal Thumbprint Cookies with Black Currant Jam
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp coarse salt
- 10 Tbs unsalted butter, room temp
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 Tbs Vermont Currant black currant Jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, and salt; set aside
- With a mixer, cream together butter sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy (2-3 min)
- Beat in egg yolks. Add vanilla. Add flour and cornmeal mixture. Mix until combined and no flour pockets remain.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of dough into balls. Place on cookie sheet 1 inch apart. Bake 5 minutes. Then, using your thumb or spoon, make a deep indentation in each cookie. note: the edges will crack when you do this.
- Continue baking 5-8 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and while still warm, fill centers with jam. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Makes 24 cookies.